About the File
The product categories included in this list of COVID-19 high risk supplies are: ventilators, BIPAP/CPAPs, nebulizers, circuits, HMEs, bronchoscopes, oxygen masks, nasal cannulas, stethoscopes, pulse oximeters, thermometers, gowns, masks, face shields/goggles/eye protection, swabs, bouffants (added 6/15/20), and shoe covers (added 6/15/20).
In addition to US medical supplies, the list includes items approved in Canada and Italy.
We recommend using this list for informational purposes. It may not always be actionable due to ongoing shortages. But as manufacturers come on and offline over the next year, our list provides details on those manufacturers, like whether they are NIOSH or FDA approved, albeit with a time delay.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any additional suppliers or product categories you would like to see added to the list.
The linked video shows examples of possible file uses. The spreadsheet includes the following tabs:
- High Risk Category Supply List: Supplies information for urgent categorical requests we’ve received. Some supplies overlap categories as shown in Column A. The "new_item" column denotes items that were added to the list in the most recent update.
- Key Columns: Category, Country Data Source (US, Canada, Italy), UDI-DI, Item Description, Manufacturer Name
- Supply List Addresses: All supply chain addresses for manufacturing, repacking, sterilizing, etc., by item from the previous tab (High Risk Category Supply List). The key to connect the tabs is udi_di.
- Key Columns: UDI-DI, Supplier Address
- All Companies In S-Chain: All companies in the supply chain of the high risk category supplies.
- Key Columns: Category, Registration Listing (Company Name, Product Made, Company Address)
- Suspect Companies:
- Over 1,300 companies used false U.S. Agent information while registering with the FDA in the wake of COVID-19. We listed them in this tab so that if you are contacted by one of these companies, you are aware that they may be fraudulent. Read the full Wall Street Journal investigation here.
- NIOSH CEL Listing: All supplies approved by National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (small overlap with FDA approved) for masks, respirators, PAPRs, etc.
- Key Columns: Category, FDA Approved, Manufacturer, Model
- Additional Symmetric Fields: Additional supplies attributes available within the Symmetric databases and web application.